View the 2016 Marchmasters Schedule to get information on dates and times for rehearsals from summer through the fall marching season.
Uniform Guidelines for Marching Band
Part of the judging at marching band contests is the consistent look of the band. For this reasons, we must make sure the band looks the same down to the smallest detail; hair, jewelry, shoes and socks. Following these few simple rules will help immensely:
- Nylon/cotton gym shorts or leggings should be worn under the uniform. They fit best and allow for the necessary movement. Jeans or cargo pants/shorts should not be worn. They cause an improper fit and movement.
- For competitions all students should wear white shirts under the uniforms. Shirts should not have a high collar. Black T-shirts should be worn for football games.
- Plain, black, over-the-calf socks are REQUIRED. This ensures that no skin shows during the performance which would detract from the visual appearance of the show.
- Minimal makeup (especially foundation) should be worn to keep the white collars of the uniform clean.
- After all performances students will hang up their uniform. This includes:
- Hang up pants by placing side seams together allowing pleats to lie together and place over hanger.
- Hang coat (with curve of hanger) over pants and vestee. Hook top of jacket (does not need to be zipped.
- Place gauntlets and gloves into bottom of bag.
- Place shoes into zippered pocket on back of bag.
- Have a uniform parent check to ensure your uniform is hung correctly.
- Hair should be up off the collar. Please come with long hair pulled back with bobby pins. This applies to both boys and girls. No ribbons or bright headbands.
- No jewelry of any kind. This includes rings, watches, earrings, etc.
- No fingernail polish.
- No gum or food is allowed while in uniform. The only beverage allowed is water and this is provided to the students.
- No cell phones on persons during performances- they should be left in uniform bag or with trusted parent or friend.